Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
Fighting for Your Rights in New Orleans, Louisiana
Every year, thousands of Americans suffer from brain injuries. These injuries can be caused by a variety of accidents, including car & truck accidents, medical malpractice, and dangerous or defective products. While any form of traumatic brain injury is serious and can affect a victim's life in many ways, unfortunately, these injuries can be difficult to diagnose and identify.
This doesn't mean you don't have a right to pursue compensation. If you've suffered a brain injury, you may have a long road to recovery and need all the help and compensation you can get. By pursuing the compensation you deserve, you can ensure that you will be able to receive the best possible medical care available. Our personal injury team at The Voorhies Law Firm can help you protect your rights and your future.
Traumatic Brain Injury Statistics in the United States
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), brain injuries affect a substantial number of people in the United States every year.
Statistics for traumatic brain injuries in the United States include:
- For children and adults aged 1 to 44, traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are the number-one cause of death and disability
- About 52,000 people are killed because of TBIs annually
- Approximately 1.5 million people visit emergency rooms because of head injuries in the United States every year
- Between 1.6 million and 3.8 million traumatic brain injuries are caused by sports accidents every year
- Men are twice as likely as women to suffer brain damage
- Approximately 2 percent of Americans are currently living with TBIs — about 5.3 million people
While brain injuries can be hard to diagnose, some of the common symptoms can include:
- blurry vision
- difficulty recalling new information
If you have experienced an accident and believe that you may have suffered a brain injury, see your doctor immediately so he can make a diagnosis. Our lawyers will work our hardest to help you get the care and medical treatment you deserve.
Free Case Evaluation with a New Orleans Brain Injury Lawyer
Have you or someone you love suffered a brain injury? Contact The Voorhies Law Firm for dedicated legal advocacy. We have been serving clients for years and we are proud of our ability to effectively represent injury victims and their families.
Our team works on a contingency fee basis. You will not owe us a penny unless we win your case.