What To Do After An Auto Accident
Getting into a car wreck, truck accident, motorcycle accident, or any other type of vehicle accident can be a stressful experience. At The Voorhies Law Firm, however, we believe that the process does not have to be as frightening or stress-inducing as one might think. From initiating the legal process by filing a claim all the way to the final outcome of your case, our New Orleans personal injury lawyers have you covered from start to finish.
Avoid the Stress of a Car Wreck with The Voorhies Law Firm
We can help you through the process of filing an auto accident claim with care, knowledge, precision, and efficiency. The key to filing a claim will rely on establishing the negligence of another person, so we can guide you through the process and ensure that you keep your liability minimized.
Immediately after being involved in an auto accident, you should try to prevent additional property damage or injury and immediately remember the following steps:
- Try to remain calm and stay out of harm's way by pulling off to the side of the road
- Review your insurance policy to determine your coverage
- Exchange insurance information and contact information with the other motorist
- Stay at the scene of the accident and take photographs, collect witness statements, or do whatever is necessary to preserve favorable evidence
- Immediately consult a skilled and knowledgeable New Orleans car accident lawyer
- Limit your conversation with the other driver, law enforcement officers, and insurance agents
Making an Insurance Claim
When in a car accident, it is important to file an insurance claim to alert the insurance company of the accident and begin the process of getting restitution as soon as possible.
To file an insurance claim, follow these steps:
- Exchange license plate numbers, insurance information, and contact information with the other party in the collision, ensuring that all information is completed and valid
- Look for witnesses and get their contact information to help build a solid report of information
- Obtain an incident report from the officers that arrive on the scene. This is important to make sure that there is a solid report of what happened instead of relying on stories that may change
- Call your insurance provider which can provide additional assistance for you as you begin the claims process by assigning an adjustor to the claim.
- Contact the other party's insurance company to create a point of contact with the insurance company and give details of the accident. This will help to create a record of what happened.
- The insurance company's adjuster will come out to assess any damages that may have occurred. From this assessment, amounts for the damage to the car and person will be established.
If the insurance company is not adequately covering the damage to the person and the vehicle, it is time to involve an experienced car accident attorney from The Voorhies Law Firm.
Hire a New Orleans Auto Accident Lawyer
If you wish to learn more about what to do after a car wreck, we are here to answer any of your immediate concerns and legal questions. Remember, any auto accident claim will be time-sensitive in Louisiana, so acting quickly with the help of a lawyer will be the most crucial aspect of the legal process. For knowledgeable, personal, and compassionate service, our auto accident claim lawyers are ready for your call.
Contact The Voorhies Law Firm to schedule your free case evaluation with one of our New Orleans car accident attorneys. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don't get paid until you have received a satisfactory resolution to your particular circumstances. Call us today.